Auto Enrolment Services & Workplace Pensions
Under a law introduced in 2012, all employers must eventually offer a workplace pension scheme and automatically enrol eligible workers in it. This requirement has applied to larger employers since October 2012 and will apply to all employers by 2018.
How are workplace pensions changing?
To help more people save for their retirement, the government has made major changes to how workplace pensions operate.
In the past it was up to workers to decide whether they wanted to join their employer’s pension scheme. But by 2018 all employers will have to automatically enrol their eligible workers into a workplace pension scheme unless the worker opts out. As a result, many more people will be able to build up savings to help cover their retirement needs.
When does automatic enrolment start?
Automatic enrolment is being introduced in stages up until 2018. The largest employers are required to act first, followed by medium-sized and then small employers. Broadly, a ‘small employer’ was an employer who had fewer than 50 workers on 1 April 2012.
Our service includes;
- Initial meeting
- Company fact finding with one of our advisers
- Considering your existing schemes suitability
- Finding a new provider to administer your scheme
- Completing the necessary paperwork behalf of your company
- Managing the application process right through to completion
Bespoke Auto Enrolment Service Overview
Our Bespoke Auto Enrolment Consultant will meet with you to discuss your requirements and complete a workforce assessment, and if relevant existing scheme analysis. Following this meeting and assessment your Auto Enrolment Consultant will provide you with a report specific to your firm detailing the following:
- When the changes affect you and what you need to do.
- What will happen if you do nothing.
- The employer duties you will have for each worker.
- The auto enrolment scheme requirements.
- Is your existing pension scheme automatic enrolment compliant.
- How we can help – Recommendations.
In addition, all Directors and Staff Members will have access to a financial well-being meeting.
- We will establish the scheme with the recommended provider, registering all eligible members.
- Provide the necessary administrative support between provider and payroll during the implementation stage.
- Guidance on how to complete your Declaration of Compliance to the Pensions Regulator.
Optional Ongoing Service
- Annual face to face meeting and governance report for scheme certification.
- Telephone support.
- Administration for adding and removing scheme members.
- Access to ongoing annual employee benefits seminar.
Please get in contact with Matthew Mace for more information, or to book a free initial consultation.
Matthew Mace – Auto Enrolment Consultant
Tel: 0117 3704213 / 07584 296220